What's Next For The Major DeFi Projects?
Updated Weekly (As of 8/1/2022)
|Project||Major Roadmap Details||Expected Timeline||Last Updated||Other Sources|
|Aave||Launch GHO stablecoin|
- Collateral-backed stablecoin, pegged to USD
|1st governance vote passed. |
More to come soon.
|THORChain||Proposed Features & Their Effect on Three Pillars of Scalability:|
- Lite Nodes (Nodes are expensive, but Lite Nodes will lower amount of Rune needed to contribute bonded RUNE to the network and profit without being a validator).
- Multi-sig Wallet (DAOs and institutions can provide liquidity together, make swaps, or hold RUNE in their wallet).
- Single sided asset yield (Currently, providing Layer 1 (L1) assets paired with RUNE is the only way to provide liquidity on THORChain.)
- DEX Aggregation (bring a large amount of volume, fees, and more liquidity to THORChain.)
- More chain integrations (Avalanche, Dash, Monero etc).
- Integrations with more wallets and DEXs utilizing THORChain
- Orderbook (to enable limit orders).
- THORfi stablecoin (a unit of account for debt, pegged to the purchasing power of USD stablecoins).
- Synapse chain (Ethereum-based optimistic rollup) atop Synapse’s generic cross-chain messaging system.
- Optimistic verification, a network of off-chain actors coordinate to flag malicious transactions during a latency window.
- Delegated Proof of Stake (PoS): bond and stake SYN to receive transaction fees.
|‘public testnet in a few weeks with a mainnet release following shortly after’||7/31/2022|
|Synthetix||1. Synthetix Futures Pers V2 (with 20% of SNX inflation for rewards)|
2. Synthetix V3 (Create synthetic assets freely, veSNX gauges & time locking, differentiated debt pool etc.)
|Q3-4 of 2022. More details coming out soon.||7/26/2022|
|Chainlink||Chainlink Economics 2.0:|
- LINK staking
|Q3 or Q4 of 2022||7/25/2022|
|Uniswap||No roadmap shared||7/25/2022|
|Maker||The Endgame Plan consists of:|
- Pregame: EtherDai (ETH backed by staked ETH), Elexir I (Balance pool of DAI,ETHD and MKR), MetaDAO tokens (a subsection of MakerDAO each governed by their own token), Meta Elixir I (MetaDAO token liquidity against MKR), Rainbow Tokenomics (allowing all MetaDAOs to coexist and introduces continuous MKR issuance of 50k MKR per year) and much more.
- Early game: MANO I (Maker Node Network with $MANO token), Maker Teleport (L2 bridge), Multichain Dai Savings Rate etc.
- Midgame: Elixir II, Synthetic assets, Singularity Engine II
- Endgame: MANO II, Ultimate Oracle, Singlarity Engine III
|Endgame Plan Launch within 12 months||7/25/2022|
|The Graph||Migrating from Hosted Services to a fully decentralized network||In process. End of Q1 2023||7/25/2022|
|Shiba Inu||Creating their own DeFi and Metaverse ecosystem:|
- Layer 2 called Shibarium
- Stablecoin $SHI
- Shibaswap 2.0: display news, trends, and further information about the Shiba ecosystem.
|Loopring||Q2 Report should include|
- Loopring Earn
|Timeline to come out soon||7/25/2022|
- Max CAKE cap of 750M (Implemented)
- Staking: Weight voting for rewards (vCAKE)
- Staking: Boosting farm yields (bCAKE)
- Staking: Boosted IFO benefits (iCAKE) (Implemented)
|Currently implementing. Pancakeswap does not announce exact dates.||7/25/2022|
|Lido||1. stETH launching on L2s|
2.1. Adopt Distributed Validator Technology (decentralize ETH staking)
2.2. Create additional checks & balances on Lido governances, which includes stETH holder veto
2. Gradually, but no exact dates
|7/25/2022||Roadmap blog post|
|Curve||Launch of Curve stablecoin crvUSD. Not much official details available.||Soon||7/25/2022|
|Convex||The latest roadmap info:|
- Continued expansion of new Curve pools
- Support for boosted pools on side-chains / L2’s!
- Further expansion of the Frax ecosystem
- Frax gauge-weight voting for vlCVX holders
|Frax finance||Fraxlend: lending platform that allows anyone to create a market between a pair of ERC-20 tokens.||Currently being build. We're so close. Expected in a few weeks||7/25/2022|
|Compound finance||1. Launch of Compound III (with single borrowable asset and others as collateral)|
2. Multi-chain strategy to deploy on other chains.
|Deployed on testnet. Mainnet to be live by||7/26/2022||1. Governance post |
2. On Multichain-strategy
|1inch||'All developments come as a surprise to the users’||7/25/2022|
|OlympusDAO||1. Designate Balancer as the platform to host the majority of Olympus’ Protocol Owned Liquidity in an OHM-DAI-ETH pool.|
2. Deploy the new system of Permissionless Olympus Pro contracts as an independent entity rebranded to Bond Protocol.
|1. DAO vote passed. Implementated in 2-4 weeks|
2. Implementation in progress
|Osmosis||- Concentrated liquidity|
- Limit orders
- Lending/margin via Mars protocol
- WosmoNFT for on-chain identities
|Nexus Mutual||Nexus V2: on-chain risk marketplace|
- Allows for syndicates (who manage underwriting capital) to be built on top of the mutual’s infrastructure.
- Delegates staking
- Cover policies as NFTs
|'Coming soon’||7/25/2022||V2 Presentation|
- Trident(Only launched on Polygon & Optimism)
- Furo: a money lego protocol built on top of the BentoBox (launched).
- Inari: tool for people to ape into known strategies (Live)
- Shōyu: NFT marketplace
- Updating Sushi interface
- SushiXSwap: Crosschain DEX based on Stargate
|1. Shōyuto to be launched soon|
2. Launched 21st of July
|GMX||1. Support synthetic assets: any asset with a Chainlink oracle price feed could be traded on GMX.|
2. X4 Protocol Controlled Exchange: setting dynamic fees for liquidity pools, greater composability, DEX aggregation, GMX swap with more tokens and better rates.
3. PvP AMM: matches traders against each other while optionally allowing liquidity providers to participate by created a new GD token.
|1. Priority for synthetic assets. Modeling done. Working on contract implementation.|
2. X4 and PvP AMM comes after
|7/25/2022||More on X4 and PvP AMM|
|dYdX||Launching v4 with its own dYdX chain||'Will require months of heads down development, but planning to open source by the end of 2022’||7/25/2022|
|Rocket Pool||To scale Rocket Pool is planning: |
- Less $ETH bonded minipools reducing collateral requirement from 16 ETH to as low as 4 ETH
- Staking as a Service for institutions etc.
- Integrate solo staker migration
|No exact dates. |
Though solo staker migration will come with Capella (the hardfork after the Merge that enables withdrawals) around Q2 2023
Saas will come 'earlier'
|Yearn finance||Yearn V3|
- Phase 1: alpha version: (expected mid July)
- Phase 2: beta version: vaults limited to 20M, veYFI (similar to the ve-style of Curve)
- Phase 3: stable version: open version, code is immutable and won't have guardrails
|- Phase 1: (expected mid July)|
- Phase 2: (expected mid Aug)
- Phase 3: (expected mid Sept)
|7/25/2022||1. Timeline and details|
2. For veYFI can check code deployment as it happens
|KyberNetwork||Launched KyberSwap Elastic:|
- Customizable Concentrated Liquidity
- 5 Fee Tiers: 0.008%, 0.01%, 0.04%, 0.3% and 1%.
- Auto-Compounding of Fees
- New Farming Mechanisms according to active liquidity contribution + trade volume supported
|Launched early July||7/25/2022|
|Ren||1. Decentralization on RenChain as it is currently mostly centralized|
2. Launch Catalog, the Metaversal exchange built on Ren Blockchain. The vision is to create the most secure cross-chain DEX with built-in liquidity mechanisms and CEX-like features for users to easily swap assets across the most popular blockchains.
|1. Gradually but no exact dates|
2. 'Phase 1 Private Beta is July-August, and September for Boundless Liquidity.' Public launch around Q4 2022
|7/25/2022||Community member summary on Discord based on a community call|